Sunday, November 23, 2008

Warts VS Acne

At my most recent Doctor's appointment I received some unsettling news. I went in to have some cancer looking thingies on my face looked at. I can only imagine the perimeters they were going to need to cut out to remove the cancer from my face. I was informed that it was not cancer, but that I had sprouted multiple warts on my chin and one on my temple. It was unsettling, but hysterical at the same time. I decided not to hide my deplorable warts, but to announce them openly...maybe I could get a laugh as well as looks of disgust. I called my sister immediately! Her response was "I will never complain about getting acne again. I will thank my lucky stars it isn't warts." I was a little surprised. I have seen some serious acne. Could five...or six warts be that much grosser than acne? Later that day I told a friend about the warts. She told me that I would be better off to lie to people and say they were zits. I decided to do a little research and see which is really grosser, Warts or Acne. This is what I have discovered from dictionary.com... A wart is: a small, often hard, abnormal elevation on the skin, usually caused by a papomavirus. Acne is:an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, esp. on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring. So I pose a question. Which is worse, six warts that you can have burned off your face immediately, or acne on your face, neck and back? I choose the warts (Not that I really had a choice). I may look like Elpheba, or Nanny McPhee, but by golly they were gone in one doctor's visit. Lets hope we don't get that papomavirus again.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I'm still waiting for the pictures of said warts! Ha! Look at you blogging....finally!

MindyMindy said...

Going with the warts!
Next question?